Monday, January 20, 2003

We all learn something new eveyday. Yet, believe it or not, most of the times we overlook these small lessons in life. And when that happens, it makes our experiences bland. Wasted even. We are driven to our daily rountined objectives such as our jobs that we fail to notice that, while we might be doing well in our careers, we live life shorter than we should or possibly could. When it finally hits home, just one word describes it all - regret.

Someone whom I have great respect for told me this, "There shouldn't be any regrets in our lives. We control our destiny, and when we are in control there are choices. Sometimes there ain't much of a choice but it is one when you get to choose which to take. If it don't live up to your expectations, MOVE ON! Learn from it, that is the only way we'll live without regrets."


I believe what he told me and I do live by that code. Things in life aren't always easy to get through but I did. I survived them and that's what matters. I'm still far from achieving my goals in life but I'm getting there.


I'm gonna put up some words that either inspire me or piss me off. Some short stories even. I found out recently that writing is one of the two ways I could express myself and help to reduce my hypertension. The other method is to cut loose playing music. Anyway, here's the first installment of my works:




NUMB by aREDZ


There is a thought that lingers at the back of my mind in which I will forever wonder, possible.



Pulsing aggravation of what calm vision, discreet in its bleeding of thoughts in a path of neurosis while darting myopia in shades of brown, nestled lubrication in its crown, overflowed. Subconsciously clutching my center, overbearing this sense of loss in equilibrium. My balance off, jaunted by phantoms of conscience.



Yet, I deny nature of the satisfaction meant for those around me to leave me incarcerated. For I am the font of calmness and that is the expression of my physique, projected in empty glass of frosted windows of a supposed soul. Not to embrace this winter a means to an end. I am borne free and boundless shall I be, almost. With one single thought that lingers, I am bounded still, I am human. Lost am I not?