Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A Jubilant Tribute to a Massacre

I'm almost afraid to blog what I've intentionally had in mind. Cos if I did, it may change me. But I see today, amidst the pyrotechnics, your glory. Sitting to your right, the only person you'd engineered toward the future by your vision.
It is a Pride..that I can't say I'm proud of. You may argue the very existence of this tool I surf upon. Still, it exists.
You...the architect of this avatar where my bretheren resides, thus believed in liberty, faithfully & moderately embraced thought out logic so that merlions do not drown.
You...who hummed to the melody of bum boats and forked mountains hadn't the slightest inkling the heritage of its composer. Yet, I sat down in silence and bore witness to a massacre, seeing bloody red and I can do nothing as my senses were assaulted again and again.
You who founded this land and proclaimed us, even you had to sacrifice your heritage deep into the restless ocean; and you lost sight.
Perhaps, it was ever the prophecy written over this No Man's Land where alien characters depicts the future of disenchantment over heritage.