Monday, January 20, 2003

Have you ever liked being the centre of attention? Some loved it, others don't. For me, I think there's a time and place for everything. Unfortunately, I am one of those living examples of anti-stereotypes. I get stared at alot. Not because that I am incredibly good looking or anything but because of an equally irresistable visual attraction. I am constantly criticized at for my individualistic looks that I don't even give a shit about it. It's not a conscious thing. I just happen to pick my wardrobe a bit differently because I like what I see. I do not purposely go out to seek attention. My baby sis once told me that I was just being misunderstood.

Misunderstood? Perhaps. Kids can be cruel sometimes. I lived amongst them despite being labelled all sorts of things. Weird? Nutcase? Zeng? The lists goes on and on. The likely scenario would be me roughing it out with the other kids that made fun of me. Yet, something always told me that it ain't worth my time. How do you blame on life forms that are not as evolved and advance as you? That's what I thought. Those who can't see it were obviously handicapped and I'm not about to hit on intellectually challenged persons.


It is in this side of me that I've found myself in a dilemma of sorts. People that I love misunderstood my actions. People always fear what they don't understand and in that, they lash out. I am far from being perfect but what is perfect is my love for those I have in my heart. And those who has that piece of them in me shall never fear betrayal for I know the price of trust. But lately, I can't help but wonder if years of friendship & growing up together had amplified the transparency of my character or rather they have not learnt to embrace me as I am like most people who sees me with tainted eyes. For me, that could be the most extreme form of betrayal. But then again I have great faith. And again I ask myself, How do you blame on life forms that are not as evolved and advance as you?. And then I move on.


Here is a story, digest it if you can. If not, 'perish! Sweater Monkeys!'