Saturday, October 22, 2005

Schism

It's been awhile since I wrote anything down in this ol blog of mine. Work had been taking most of my time.
Funny...when I took up this 5-day week job, I was thinking I might just make more time for myself. Instead, I'm finding myself going at it in the office.
I'd like to think that politics don't matter in the office and I am sure that there's many individuals out there echoes this sentiment. Lately, ignore as I might, things doesn't seem to turn out the way it supposed to. I seemed to forget one basic application of sociology in this equation we call the Office.

See, Man is a social being. Granted that many had sought solitary lives, it is in his nature to maintain a lifeline to what we call Society. His life fails in the absence of this institution that whether, he may or may not be aware, the key to his livelihood. His sanity is held intact with this knowledge that he is not all alone in his world, albeit the solitude.

Therefore, the solitary man makes up a tiny fraction of another social order, in layman terms, hermits. But I'm not talking about hermits here. I'm talking about the common society as we all know it. The hierarchy in life where we go into adulthood and maintain careers. People are constantly interacting with each other, interacting with people around him. And, by doing so, he creates a locus from within him then around him. These circles are constantly expanding throughout and we term this as the man's social circle. It had always occured to me that an expansion of matter can never be possible without the breaking of other matters. As such, as his social circle extends, it breaks down social circles of others. When other individuals enters his circle they'd either choose to stay or go away. It sounds variant but it makes sense to the adage "birds of the same feather flocks togather".

This breakdown may or may not cause distress to other social circles that are affected. It may be a violation of the highest order or it may be nothing. Whatever it is something to me who, at one point of time, believed that it may not affect my very being.

Thus, the equation breaks down right before me and I knew then that this...schism may just spell the end of an ideal concept of an ex-colleague of mine. And perhaps, I might just remain in another circle where amidst the falling dominoes, become witness of this tragedy that Man had called his game -politics.