Sunday, August 14, 2005

Past

Seeing my face up on a wall in a poster of some studios sends a shiver up my spine. I had a day off last friday and decided to run out to get some errands done and I was looking for some reeds at this music store when I stumbled upon this jamming studio, so I decided to check it out.
It looks pretty much like the usual jamming studio I've been to in the past except that there were alot of girls in this particular one. I mean, not that jamming studios are exclusively for guys, it's just that this one...alot of girls. And real cute too. After awhile, I figured out that they were girl bands, waiting for their turn to use the studio.
So, I was looking at some guitars when I saw that poster. Unvoluntarily, I cringed, looking at it. It was along time ago when the pics were taken. I dunno, I just seem can't get used to the idea seeing my face on a public wall. I wished I could tear it down. Alas, it was not my studio.

"So how come I don't see you around at gigs anymore?" a voice behind me started.

Hell, he almost made me jump. When I turned around, I saw this girl. I knew her from way back...a story for another day...
Damn, why do this situations keep popping up like that?? I didn't spot her earlier on.

"cos I don't have the time anymore." I replied.
"kinda sureal isn't it? Seeing your face up on the wall like this...", she trailed off.
"I gotta run. See ya. Have fun jammin." I started to move off when she reached out & grabbed my arm. I looked up at her, bewilderment rising.
"I've seen you under bridges buskin & I saw & heard you sing & coached those guys. Why won't you play anymore?"
This girl is starting to annoy me. I'm tired & I wanted to get out of there. And she did go for the nerve, so I guess I'll let her have her answer.
"It was my dream. It just got taken away." with that I left...