Friday, June 02, 2006

De Dah Benci Kot...

A friend told me to read the novel before watching the movie. Actually, aLOT of my friends -the bookworm types told me to read it. I was too fucking lazy to do so...I'm still reading The Historian which I started like...2 months ago! After watching the movie...I thought inwardly that perhaps I should've read the book.

I did not mean that by reading the book I'd grasp a clearer concept of what the whole fuss is about. Now I don't see why it was such a fuss in the first place. I think the movie sux Big Time! If you ask me, I'd say it's like a really bad rip off from The Amazing Race. Don't get me wrong. I am a big fan of History & Religion. Vastly interested in Cryptology & Theology. But this...! In the theory's defence, I'd say the movie did no justice to those who have already spent years researching and studying these.

The movie lacked a few fundamental elements that could otherwise pull it off. Instead, it has this element of unrealisticism. Sir Ian McKellen did a fine job delivering the character's hypothesis on the holy grail, only to be let down by Tom Hank's character. Even at the point of revelation. It has so many flaws that I almost cried. Haha..But then again...hey, it's just my opinion!