Monday, May 15, 2006


Sepet Ke?

I have been a really bad person. I steal...bits of time of the day, and sometimes during the weekend to spend that stolen moments with a very special person. As a result, I'm being accused of being an anti-social bastard. My friends allegedly called me only to find my voice replaced by an unresponsive voicemail secretary. And I've grown apathetic to these probes, secretly wondering, if those bastards ever stopped to remember if I'd devoted a huge chunk of my time to the nucleus of my very existence. Indeed. To sustain a state of normalcy, to have some form of life, I had to resort to stealing bits of time.

I have been using these shards of time, spending them on a really beautiful girl, who deserved crystal moments from me. We do simple things to garner simple pleasures. Our days together are numbered, but it would have been perfect if not for the sado-masochistic reality we live in that is our surroundings.

I have been going out with a Chinese girl on these escapades.

Raised eyebrows and venomous whispers tainted our path to liberty. A group of guys shamelessly commented in our direction. And I understood every word of it. As she felt my body tense, her smooth hand ran down the small of my back, comforting me. I understood her movements than any of those uncouthed bastards would've.

Soon forgotten, we arrived at a lovely deli shop, where a makcik was busy with sweet decor. She spoke in my tongue for two sweets while her slender arms clung to me. When handing over our change, the makcik didn't fail to tip down her heavy glasses to get a good glance at me. Her eyes questioning. A few steps later, she asked me why? I didn't answer. Instead, I spoke in her tongue; we need to get home.

My first girlfriend was Chinese. What's yours?

"Let's cut our flesh so that you can see that all that it is, is Red."