Friday, August 11, 2006



"...I've been trying to find the truth and be pious to God. How come I could not attain this happiness for my heart that I've been praying for all these years? "

I received this text message from someone I know late last night. It pains me to know that a friend is trapped in a storm and the only thing he can do is try to survive and wait it out. Frankly, I'm not a very religious person but I do have my faith. I don't go around preaching my beliefs nor imposed them on others like some religious organizations does. But, yes, I have interests about the Truth.

My friend had earlier on poured out to me his inner thoughts over a predicament that he's in. And I couldn't do much except lend him my ears. I mean, who knows these things? Too many have died in violence in the name of Truth. But, what exactly is the Truth are we talking about?

I believe that everybody has their own version of what Truth is. Spatially, some of us may be on the same page but it doesn't necessarily mean we're on the same line. In the end, most of us will admit only what is acceptable to us. Does that make it...Truth? Or do we seek the ultimate?

How do we attain this happiness in our hearts? Before that, what is happiness?

You ask me questions and I answer with more questions. Why do I do that, you ask. And I answer, "I am no mirror." Why sought out when it is within you that you seek? Ultimately, it's within us to decide what is happiness and what is the Truth. Everything around us is just substance but whether we deem it to be tangible or not is up to us.

We're imperfections but yet trying to seek Perfection, and within this cosmic law of nature, that cannot be. As long as we confine ourselves in this avatar of Perfection we may not comprehend the key to bliss.

Perhaps you seek enlightenment. I have nothing to give but this imperfect advice:

Look & see. Hear & listen. Do not talk but to speak. Magnify your senses to Life around you and slowly, but surely, it'll come to you.

To my friend, a wise man used to say; when you're joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy, and when you're sorrowful, look again and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.