Wednesday, May 26, 2004


CONSOLATION

Amongst other string of definitions, the Malay word saguhati is best used to describe today's blog.

They say that even if you don't win first prize, there'll be at least a consolation prize. Consoling is pacifying. For all the time and energy wasted focusing om something, anything un-particular. And it's hard when you failed to achieve what you want on a race/test. You either blame everybody or nobody at all. You simmer and then slide into deep thought like my kind brother does when he rides the train. (see pic)

This person that I know called me earlier today just for the sake of attempting to obliterate my eardrums in close quarters of a vessel's engine room, where he was working at that point of time. Curses! Curses! He began by telling me how he failed the driving test he took this morning. I feel for the guy. I mean, taking up for a driving license here in Singapore could possibly cause you to mortgage your property!
And so he goes on, nevermind the fact that I've placed a tissue paper betwixt my delicate eardrums & the piercing outcry of the cellphone's speaker, about how a motorist from across the causeway led him to experience a near-accident. Of course it wasn't his fault. How else was he to respond if the motorist happened to be a borne idiot, whose ignorance over his crucial driving test might set off a chain reaction of spatial disasters that could very well result in my friend's failure to obtain a driving license! Sheesh! What was that motorists thinking?? If it were my bro(the one in the pic), someone would've been sent off to emergency room for multiple head fracture.

Anyway, after the cele-conversation with my friend, I began to pray that he'll do fine in his next test. Then I got a SMS from him informing me that he aced his school exams. So, his failure for one test brought success of another. It became a saguhati. Literally saguhati means an antidote.
So now, everything's okay! You know, I did propose a rather generous offer which he refused out of good kinship-three thousand bucks for that license and he don't even have to drive the damn car! Oh well...