Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back to Work!

After a week's hiatus, I'm back in the office. This time, to my delight, no strange & malicious looking articles left on my desk. There was a photo of me pinned on my computer screen though...how embarrassing! It was a pic took before I went for my leave. My department had a Christmas Lunch party.
Anyway, the new year was supposed to be a time where everybody held resolutions for what comes ahead. Somebody's been bugging me to quit smoking. What a stereotype!!!

Nah..no resolutions for me this year. New things to embark on...perhaps. The old lady's decided to sell the apartment. My brother's getting hitched. I'm getting my own place. I'm thinking of cracking my trust fund...maybe not!

Oh..and my new boss quit. And it's just been like what..? 3 months? I mean, my colleagues and I were betting how long he'd last...so it wasn't much of a surprise. The adverse effect of this boss-changing is that it's real difficult for the Management to take our appraisals seriously. How could they? except for our ex, ex-boss...
It is difficult to map our developments with such disruptions. Plus there are vultures lurking to grab the hot managerial seat. My colleagues had become so jaded with all this and it seems we had, somewhere along the way, decided to manage the work on our own. So, the boss can be just a state symbol! He just sits there emanating boss-like aura and signs autographs all day. We don't mind. Really. As long as he leaves us alone. Do you know how tiring it is to keep switching from pattern to pattern in a job? It's a revelation.

Anyway...whatever. Welcome 2006. I hope it's a ride!