Sunday, December 18, 2005

Bingo!

I was googling the net for something this morning...I'm currently disturbed by some crossword puzzle...and I came across this!

I remembered a fellow blogger rinaz mentioning something very delightful when you come across something about yourself in the net, getting all excited and all! Sheesh! I can relate to that. I mean..it'll be delightful of course unless you find embarrassing nude pics of yourself...?!

Anyway, what we have here are images that I pulled out from a site that ranked people who had participated in a SCRABBLE tournament that took place in 1999. I was one those people...hehe! Yeah...so I have a geeky side to me. So what?
Strangely though, this word game never came naturally to me initially. Before I got to it, I always thought it was such a boring, lame ass board game! That was when until a good friend of mine whupped my butt in SCRABBLE. My ego was dented. I mean...I've always thought my vocab were pretty good, you know. It was then I realized it was more than just a word game. I realized that Scrabble is actually a chess of sorts...but with words.

So...my friend became my mentor and we played almost every night back then. I was pretty good even if I say so myself. But, there's always someone better...

Here...if you looked hard enough...my name is among the top 5 in the Open Category. The champion is my friend's dad. He won all 8 games through. I won 7 games. And I'm proud to say that I was only beaten by him. A grueling match though...I can still remember. Well, here's a tribute of sorts to all my former sparring mates! I'll kick all your asses next time! (btw, I already did!)