Sunday, December 11, 2005

Retro Musique Cafe


I started out last night meaning to go & watch a movie on a Saturday night but end up hanging out wif some ol frens of mine. So, I went to this place downtown in Bali Lane called Retro Musique Cafe. Quite frankly, I don't think much of the place except for, it's a great location and has a great ambience to it. And not that I have any negative vibes for the place...just that it is actually a jamming studio. Kids go there to jam around with whatever music they fancy for just ten bucks an hour!

As some people probably might know, I had this thing going on in awhile in my life about making music. Way too much distractions made me put it all away (can I even say that??). Anyway, last night they had these guys come together and sort of made it a jazz night. It was great. Awesome even...I might add cos it's kinda like a private session with small crowd. What crowd?? There was like maybe eight or nine of us?


After awhile me and my frens decided to mess around with the instruments. I played the drums. And I sucked. BIG TIME. (This guy here playin the drums is an ol fren of mine-Ferdows)
For those who knew my music background probably find me, in last night's situation, puzzling. Why? Slightly more than ten years ago I played drums like a pro. Now, I have trouble with coordination (must be the age..)! There are drummers, real good drummers, now who exists out there playing in clubs, recording albums and whatever. Funny, that there were once under my tutelage. I used to train people in drumming! What happened...? I guess, at one point of time..I gave it up. Not just gave it up...I really tucked it back into the dark corners of my mind. A couple of those guys I taught, still even today, look me up just to ask for tips or get me down to the studios to help them with recordings and stuff. And yet, there are still some surprises left in this world for me. One of those guys playing jazz came up to me and asked me, "Hey, you're that guy who played with that band, right? Saw you in tv once!".

I didn't know how to react to that. Instead, my frens answered for me. koros sei!