Sunday, April 24, 2005

It's half past 1 and I'm still groggy. I did an overtime on a saturday yesterday and it sucked big time. Although it was an experience with this new job, it wasn't anything new to me. I used to do it in my old job over at LTA. Speaking of which, I noticed that people really can't get over the fact that I actually quit my job over at LTA.

LAND TRANSPORT AUTHORITY. A semi government body that supposedly offers job security. I'll concede that it had its perks working there BUT...the things I gotta put up with!!!

1) Ultra Bitch for a boss
2) Idiocy of people whom had been there waaay too long
3) Never ending complaints of the Republic

I do not have a formal high education....wait! Should that go with the rest...bulleted?

Like I said, O levels and a little tech ed did it for me. In introspect, I have a passion for learning. Restropectively, NS killed it. So, my ex boss was a graduate from a local tech Uni & we got off in the wrong butts the first time we actually met.
Short story...she tried to unload her shortcomings on me in this high profiled meeting, expecting a lowly educated blue-collar like me to cower & lip in the presence of such eminence.
End story...she found out I had balls bigger than her tits twice combined, and had better grasp of the language than she does. I totally disarmed her obnoxious plastic exterior with what we blue-collars refer to as a dick-slap.
The twist...she took over when my boss got promoted & made life at work a living hell.

She wanted to vet my correspondence to the Public claiming that I had problems with structuring my sentences!! The nerve of that bloody helicopter! She couldn't get past singularizing plurals & she wanted to correct MY English? *angry*
I remembered my response to an episode when we were arguing that sent the whole office laughing at her, literally, which also made her take it very personal; I said, "If you're so adamantly tight as to wanting to assess my language usage, take it up to Queen Elizabeth! I'm sure she could do a thing or two to that horrific articulation of yours!"
And I dramatically walked off, leaving the incense Ultra Bitch in an echo laughter of the whole office.

My requests for transfers were turned down and as days goes by I really wanted to execute a perfect roundhouse kick to her chin. The last straw was when I found out that she had been responsible for holding back my double promotion. I had all the managers coming up to me congratulating me before it was formally announced in the internal circular. When it didn't happen, everyone was puzzled. After that, I had to go because I really didn't wanna be in the headlines of the news - "Woman Pestled to Death with Mineral Water Bottle by Subordinate."

I'm much happier now...honest!