Friday, December 08, 2006

The Son, The Brother and the Father

In times like these I'd always remember you. I'd recall how you'd handle your problems and try it your way. It's difficult though because there were hardly any crisis when you were around. Your steadiness, strength and intellect had been my envy eversince I'd crawled onto your lap and read whatever you were reading. Because of you I was ahead of everyone in class. You always had your nose in some book and I followed suit because that was us. I'd ask only you when I stumbled upon big words, no one else was worthy.
The pen is mightier than the sword or so they say, but I knew you were a Master of both. I had seen your moves and was awed by the strength you hid within. And I knew I wanted to be you. You taught me how to break the codes without actually teaching me. And you gave me a lesson that none was privy to. You were radical too! You stumped professors and scholars with your reasoning and argument without the need to associate with their instituitions!
If people truly knew the knowledge you hold...things I wanted to learn from my Superman.

I sometimes wonder if you were okay with me. Did I handle things the way you'd want me to? God..this is difficult. With just a few lessons you left us to fend for ourselves. Though rough...it's okay, really. Our faculties were well-equipped, thanks to you. But lately...things spun out of control and I don't know what to do. This is something I hadn't learned yet.

You know...sometimes I think you expect too much of me too soon. It's too much to personify the trinity.

Labels: , ,