Friday, May 02, 2003

What do you want to be when you grow up? Part II of II

Fortunately, our ability to adapt ourselves over situations makes us the ultimate survivors in life. We triumph over our obstacles in life and are able to find us our own place in this world.

However, there are those who are amongst us who cannot adapt and conform together with the social norms. These are people whose handicap is not caused by unwillingness or bad attitude. Their failure to adapt is driven by ideals and dreams, which usually are misconstrued by family and friends, much less the society as a mere fantasy. Introspectively, considering the current social structure, these people held betwixt them the classic sense of disenchantment.

They grew from childhood being singled out all the way into their adulthood. Exposed into the harsh reality of being treated differently, or even laughed at for their thoughts, most likely a person becomes a cynic. An entity with perfect features but a mutated mind, he’s alienated. And when a person is being alienated by people around him, he becomes an anomaly to the society. He is unpredictable and dangerous. But still, this is just a standard speculation.

Perhaps given a chance, this group of disenchanted, alienated and anomic individuals would excel in life far much better than the rest of the society. Negativity is just something we create out of fear and misjudgment. The never-ending debate for an open mind has a point to make. Besides, it is the ones who possess such qualities that helped shaped the modern world.

I was an entertainer, a factory worker, a presenter, a draftsman and currently an event organizer. Looking back, I wanted to be a fireman, a teacher, a pilot and yes, for those who knows me well, a superstar. I’m not sure what else I’m going to add into those lists. But, by God before I am in the 3rd Series League, I’ll know what I want to be when I grow up! (yeah! dats rite I’m still a kid. If u think o’wise, then UP URS!!!)